Thursday, November 18, 2010

the wanderer

Thesis: The wanderer is exiled after a battle, which killed everyone including the king he followed.

Order of development
1) After being exiled he travels looking for someone new to follow but since he didn’t die next to his king in battle he is considered a coward to all. (A man who lacks advice for a long while from his lord and friend lives thus in his loneliness.)

Essay

Swords clashing with great force against the (gold one), when I awoke I was the only man left standing dismissed to eternal loneliness. As I journeyed the land no one would accept me thinking I abandoned the gold one in his time of need, will I never again serve someone for free. The only thing I hear is the quite ocean and the breeze. I ponder each day will I be the wandering the world for the rest of my life I will be alone and never have a wife? Like Grendel I am cast as an outsider from society no one understands me. I could be killed any day like Beowulf killing this creature without any dismay. No one listens, I will walk the land because of what people thought was my decision.

1 comment:

  1. JR - this is really late. Note: Your thesis and order of development are well done, but the body of the "ESSAY" seems to be creative. You need to look at the poem and back up your thesis with proof from the text. You also need to explain the meaning of the proof that you choose.

    ReplyDelete